Discover the landmarks and bony structures of the female pelvis with this in-depth webinar focusing on the anatomy of the pelvis and the pelvic floor muscles as they relate to changes during pregnancy. This master class will focus on simple tools and cues to use either in a class setting or for personal use on how to articulate and understand proper function as well as proper healing. Join our resident physiotherapist Heidi Mason for this Master Class on the anatomical perspective on how to labour and deliver with awareness of the physical body.
Whether you’re an experienced birthing mother or a birth support such as a doula, nurse or yoga instructor teaching prenatal students this information is vital in ensuring mother’s heal properly from the inside out.
Topics of Discussion
- Bony Pelvis, Pelvic Organ and Muscle Anatomy.
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Training.
- Why’s and How’s in Birth Preparation.
- Incorporating these in an Asana Class (cueing, assessing, relaxing, strengthening, reflex inhibition).
- Diastasis Recti screening and managing pre and post natally.
- Pelvic Organ prolapse and prevention as it relates to “core” exercises.
- Guideline for lumbopelvic stability (“core”) training.
- Pelvic Girdle Pain.
- Summary of potential yoga benefits for pregnant women.